XERIC’s Black Box
XERIC’s team has a lot on its plate! The following items shall be tackled and developed during the project’s lifetime:
- integrate a liquid desiccant cycle, housed in a compact three-fluids-combined membrane contactor, with a traditional vapor compression cycle;
- devise a new customised membrane to optimise the performance of the 3F-CMC and ensure air dehumidification and heat exchange;
- devise a customised electronic control system to improve the efficiency of the climate control system’s compressor;
- make a small-scale prototype capable of processing 100 m3/h of external air (i.e., about 30 % of the typical air flow rate through the passenger cabin);
- evaluate the environmental impact and economic feasibility of the climate control system as part of life cycle analysis and life cycle cost analysis assessments.
Do you want to know what XERIC’s events are on the agenda?
Go and visit XERIC’s timeline: xeric.eu/project-presentation/timeline/